Monday 8 May 2023

What do you write when you don’t know what to write?

What do you write when you don’t know what to write?


In a surprising but considered and measured turn of events, I’ve made the decision to write a lot more, everyday when feasible.

Today, being a bank holiday, I’ve had ample time to determine a theme, a subject, on which to write … even more than enough time to source and use a/n idea /theme generator.

Here I sit, however, hoping my muse will appear out of the ether and provide much-yearned for inspiration.

The online generators I’ve found haven't been sufficient in prodding loose any sort of ideas ... not even grabbing the physical dictionary and trying to randomly choose a couple of words as catalysts ... subjects ... words to include …

"Gutta-percha" and "roundel" haven’t knocked loose a single whisper of an idea.

And now I believe I’ve answered my own question ... I will write about being unable to write ...

And that's not on irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment